ABAD - Analysis of Basis for Decisions
Advanced level - Second cycle course
In order to take this course the student must have taken one of the courses:
- ML431C Decision Theory
- IB652C Decision support methods
or a similar course.
In this course some useful tools from the Theory of Argumentation are presented but the main focus is on applying these tools and the ones introduced in previous courses in detailed examinations of the bases for decisions made by political assemblies and authorities. The student here has the opportunity of selecting decisions that is of particular interest to her.
After the course the student should be able to:
- Determine whether an argument is binding.
- Assess the quality of decision making.
- The first part of the course deals with basic argumentation theory.
- The second part of the course deals with arguments for decisions made mainly by authorities and politicians.
The course is given as a distance course.