Decision and Risk Analysis
60 hp Computer and Systems Sciences
The overall aim with the course is to give basic knowledge on applied decision theory and decision analysis, skills to structure and evaluate decision problems, and ability to analyse and judge different solutions. After course completion, the student should be able to
- describe and handle different risk and decision theoretic concepts and models
- model and evaluate simple decision problems
- handle problems with multiple criteria
- elicit and handle model parameters
at a basic level. Further, the student should fulfil at least two of the above goals at a higher level.
The course consists of six parts.
- Part 1: Decision trees
- Part 2: Influence diagrams
- Part 3: Sensitivity analysis
- Part 4: Representation of uncertainty
- Part 5: Value of information
- Part 6: Multi criteria problems