DAMI II - Research topics in Data Science
- 90 hp Computer and Systems Sciences
- 7,5 hp Data mining, preferable the course DAMI
After having taken the course, the student is expected to:
- have knowledge of current research in the field of computer science
- have the ability to identify and formulate research questions in computer science
- have the ability to select and apply research methods to answer research questions in computer science
- have the ability to plan and conduct a research study in computer science
- have the ability to compile the results and draw conclusions with respect to a given research question in computer science
- have the ability to relate the findings and conclusions of previous works
- have the ability to verbally and in writing report studies in computer science
This course introduces current research topics in computer science, which deals with methods and techniques for collecting, organizing and analyzing data in order to extract new knowledge.
The course provides students with training in identifying and formulating research questions in the area, selecting and applying research methods, planning and carrying out studies, including the collection and analysis of data and reporting results and draw conclusions, and relate them to previous work.