IB462C - Leaderships in projects I
The course is given in english
Advanced level - Second cycle course
The first course (out of two) in leadership focuses on the various theories and models commonly used in management. We will examine current research, analyze management models and you are also given an introduction to decision science and how to coach employees.
- 90 hp Computer and Systems Sciences
- IB641C Information and Communication in IT-projects 7,5 hp
After completing the course the students should be able to:
- Define what leadership is and how it relates to project management
- Describe, discuss and analyze different leadership styles and theories
- Define empowerments role in the organization and discuss how it affects the project.
- Describe the different types of conflicts that arise in projects and reflect on how these can be managed
- Understand the complexities in dealing with stakeholders and the theory around this differentiate between formal and non formal decision-making methods and discuss how these can be used in the project
This course in leadership focuses on the various theories and models of leadership that are commonly used in the project. We will look at research on leadership, analyze the different models and that you get an introduction to decision theory and coaching. Models and the theories being studied are related to the IT industry and more specifically IT projects that have a unique nature compared with other types of projects. Leadership is studied from an IT perspective.
The course is given as a distance course.