IB909C - Webbutveckling, serversidan
7,5 hp objectoriented programming
On this course you will learn how to create programs for the web server side. You get insights into programming within supporting techniques, output, input, code separation, session handling, security. e-mail, databases, and content management. During the course, you use the free open software.
Since the course is language independent one is free to choose technique and language freely and support is given for all techniques and languages, for example:
- PHP with for example Smarty Template Engine
- CGI with for example Perl
- Servlets and/or JSP with Java
- Ruby on Rails
- Django with Python
- ASP.NET with for example C#
- And more.
The following subjects are dealt with:
- Supporting techniques
- Code separation
- Session handling
- Content managment
For a more detailed description see: http://people.dsv.su.se/~pierre/i/
This is a distance course and the pedagogy for this course is assignment based learning with a large element of freedom in the problem solving process. The course brings up a large subject area by presenting a set of assignments where each assignment:
- Focuses on one sub area in turn to increase the understanding and reduce the complexity
- Is specified in a general way to motivate alternative, possibly deeper, solutions
The course require the skill to work alone but has a large element of interactivity by continuousand direct support from tutors at distance.