KRAV - Kravhantering
30 hp data- och systemvetenskap (eller motsvarande)
Requirements engineering (RE) plays a fundamental role within the systems development process. The goal of this course is to bring in the concepts, methods and techniques needed in the eliciting, analyzing, documenting, validating, and managing requirements for complex information systems. It explains how requirements engineering fits into a broader systems development process, and provides an understanding of the main challenges in requirements engineering nowadays. The students will learn how to:
- Identify stakeholders and their influence on the system requirements.
- Specify functional requirements using different modeling methods.
- Identify and classify non-functional requirements.
- Analyze and negotiate requirements.
- Validate requirements.
- Document and trace requirements using computer-based tools.
- Manage changing requirements and establish traceability of changes.
- Practice the different roles in the requirement engineering process, by working in groups.
Since requirements management is a multidisciplinary field and closely related to areas such as general management, project and product management, product marketing, and industrial design, students from a variety of disciplines can benefit from this course.
The following subjects will be handled during the course:
- Roles and actors in the requirement engineering process.
- Classification of system requirements.
- Contemporary methods for collecting and analyzing system requirements.
- Techniques for validation of quality of collected requirements.
- Computer-based tools for documenting and managing requirements.
- Techniques for linking requirements to design models and vice-versa.