MGIT - Management of Global IT Resources
Advanced level - Second cycle course
90 credits in Computer and Systems Sciences
The trend towards globalization has determined global companies to increase their attention on the role of IT in support of their global operations and business strategies. In this context the management of global IT resources including the use of digital technologies in global companies has increased in its importance. Therefore, in this course we will look to address the important issues and challenges in managing IT resources in global companies.
* Explain the global business environment and the trends that managers need to monitor and plan in this dynamic environment.
* Explain the role of organizational and cultural change in becoming a globally integrated enterprise.
* Explain the global organization structure and control systems and how global companies are structuring for scale, responsiveness and innovation.
* Analyze an IT organization structure in a global company.
* Analyze the existing, planned, and potential applications based on their business contributions in a global company.
* Explain the planning of information systems resources and the leading of information systems function.
* Analyze the strategies used for the development of a global information system in a global company.
* Describe the challenges in managing global IT systems.
* Explain the findings of different research studies in management of global IT resources including the use of digital technologies in global companies to support their global operations and business strategies.
The main course topics are:
* Assessing the environment: political, economic, legal, technological
* Becoming a globally integrated enterprise: Lessons on enabling organizational and cultural change
* Organization structure and control systems
* Global IT management: structuring for scale, responsiveness, and innovation
* Organizing IT
* Planning information systems resources
* Leading the information systems function
* Managing global IT systems
In this course all the lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions will be held in English and delivered using Zoom.