Strategic Management of IT
60 hp Computer and Systems Sciences (or equivalant)
Due to the higher competition in today’s business environment the managers need more and more knowledge about strategic use of the IT for increasing their business performance and about how their organization could add more business value from the investments in IT. After the course the student will be able to:
- Analyze the IT strategy and the way it supports the organizational and business strategy.
- Assess the strategic alignment maturity.
- Analyze the IT impact on business operations and business strategy.
- Apply the methods for evaluating of IT investments.
- Explain the CIO/IT manager role in managing IT function, and the IT outsourcing and IT governance concepts.
- The information systems strategy triangle
- The strategic use of information resources
- Strategic Alignment Maturity
- Organizational Strategy
- Managerial considerations regarding IT architecture and IT infrastructure
- Managing IS organization
- IT Governance
- Funding IT
- Sourcing IS
Teaching hours = 46 hours (16 hours for lectures+30 hours for seminars and team project). The lectures, seminars and team project tutorial will be held in English.