|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 52:||Line 52:|
|The total number of hours of the activities in this course is 40 (16 hours for lectures and 24 hours for seminars and team project). The lectures, seminars and team project tutorials will be held in English. <<FullSearchCached(category:MGIT)>>||The activities done in this course are lectures, seminars and team project tutorials that will be held in English. <<FullSearchCached(category:MGIT)>>|
MGIT - Management of Global IT Resources
Advanced level - Second cycle course
90 hp Computer and Systems Sciences
Bachelor students who wish to participate in this course should complete a course of 7,5 credits in Organization Studies or Management. Otherwise they should be aware that in this course are required knowledge in organization studies or management and they should aquire these knowledge through an independent study.
The trend towards globalisation has determined the multinational companies to increase their attention on the role of information technologies in support of their global operations. In this perspective, the course is addressing the important issues and challenges in managing IT resources in multinational companies.
The trend towards globalization has determined global companies to increase their attention on the role of IT in support of their global operations and global business strategies. In this context the management of global IT resources in these organizations has increased in its importance. Therefore in this course we will look to address the important issues and challenges in managing IT resources in global companies.
* Explain the assessment process of the political, economic, legal and technological environment in which a global company will operate;
* Explain the cultural context of global management, the process for developing strategies for international and global operations and the global organization structure and control systems;
* Analyze an IT organization structure and the existing, planned, and potential applications based on their business contributions in a global company;
* Explain the planning of information systems resources and leading of information systems function;
* Analyze the strategies used for the development of a global information system in a global company;
* Describe the challenges in managing global IT systems;
* Explain the findings of different research studies in management of global IT resources.
The main course topics are:
* The global manager’s environment: assessing the environment - political, economic, legal, technological
* The cultural context of global management: understanding the role of culture
* Formulating strategies for international and global operations
* Global organization: structure and control systems
* Organizing IT
* Planning information systems resources
* Leading the information systems function
* Managing global IT systems
The activities done in this course are lectures, seminars and team project tutorials that will be held in English.